Subject [PD] Close this window?

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 11 08:06:28 CEST 2006

Zitat von adam armfield <adamairmailed at yahoo.com>:

> yeah i've been finding this a bit of a chore too, i think only
> prompting if the window has been altered is a fair comprimise (and
> perhaps bringing up "do you want to save?" instead of do you want to
> close?)

this has been discussed thoroughly on this list: the final state (iirc)
is, tht miller had no plans to change this behaviour back; he had good
reasons for his arguments, which you can find by searching the archives.

asking for "save" rather than "really close" seems to be a good idea however.

>  also on my pretty please pd request list is a "define shortcut keys
> mode" - i prefer just being able to press ctl-1 for an object rather
> than ctl-shift-1 - don't want to start a flame war on the merits of
> either, thought having a preferences file for individual pd wranglers
>  to choose would be a way to keep everyone happy

now this would be nice to have: this way you could override the
reluctant closing with the enforced closing.

mfg.adr.
IOhannes