[PD] Linux: changing sound card params from patch, sending OS commands

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Tue Apr 11 16:56:12 CEST 2006

Okay this solution of [receive pd] and [print] works great! Yes the
resulting patch leaves the dialog box open but, oh well. Nobody is going
to see the laptop screen anyway. Cron I guess isn't going to work
because I don't know beforehand the specified times I want shutdown to
occur. In terms of [shell] I could be reckless and run from root. This
is a dedicated machine so should be OK..

Thanks so much!

-John