[PD] tunetof - an mtof for alternative tunings

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 11 19:01:42 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> Interesting.  I looked it over, I'm still not sure why note numbers
> are necessary.
> Although, if the base frequency and reference tone can be changed at
> will, as in Scala's .seq format, that could get pretty deep.

I used note numbers because basically [tunetof] is just dealing with
scales, that have steps. Using note numbers makes it very easy to
apply scale-oriented algorithms. And the analogy with mtof will make
it easy for users without much experience in dealing with alternate
tunings - like myself - to experiment using their mtof-knowledge and
even the same patches.

So in general it is a very different approach from your JI sequencer.

Ciao