[PD] feature request for [list]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 11 19:10:57 CEST 2006

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > 1) negative indices to [list split] (patch available @sourceforge)
> > 2) a fast [drip] made native to [list] (source code in Zexy)
>
> by [drip] do you mean [repack 1] or the "real" (delay-based!) [drip]?

Both. ;) I'm just talking about a way to serialize a list into single
atoms. But now that you mention it: Actually I need two kinds of
serialization: One that just unfolds a complete list into its single
elements, and another one, which does it on demand. I called it
"list-dripslow" which is a bad name, but here, only one element is
sent to the outlet, and on each bang the next element is sent.

Probably a future [list drip/serialize] could do this with a kind of
[next( message.

> what comes to my mind is als [list length] (but you already
> mentioned that)

Another one would be "list index" or "list nth", to use an analogy
with [zl].

While aliases like [list-split] for [list split] would be nice, I
don't have a real problem with the way it currently is, because then I
know, if I'm using an abstraction or an internal. However I found
myself typing [list splat -1] and it didn't create ...

Ciao