[PD] feature request for [list]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 12 03:20:33 CEST 2006

I think we should think of Pd as a platform and all of the objects
that people have written as libraries.  Sticking to only the objects
in the core of Pd means that you are reinventing the wheel again and
again.  If someone has written it and documented it, then use it, and
spend your time making something new.

This is the idea that drives me to work on Pd-extended. And in the
process, I've found a lot of amazing code that I never would have
written.  But now I can easily use it, play with it, etc.  And I can
also easily install it on someone else's computer and show them too,
or even send them my patch, and it'll work.

Then when we have a Pd platform, then a patch can be an application.
Just like java, once its installed, all you need to do is run one
file and it can draw on the whole package.

.hc