Subject [PD] Close this window?

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 00:46:19 CEST 2006

(Sorry IOhannes, missed the list on that one)
Currently (at least on Mac OS X) Pd has no qualms about shutting down
without question if the main window is closed, which seems a bit silly
considering the proliferation of confirmation boxes elsewhere.  I've lost
quite a bit of work this way, accidentally using command-q (quit) rather
than command-w (close window).  I'm also in the questionable habit of using
quit to bring up the save dialogue before quitting, which is fairly standard
behavior in other applications.

That's not to mention that OS X usually has an Application/Window disconnect
- in that closing the windows of a program does not actually quit - so it is
especially unexpected on the Mac.

Update... I've also confirmed this is the behavior in Windows.

Cheers,
Luke