[PD] Big distortion ? [karplus-strong]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Apr 13 13:31:49 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I also like the delay based total destroytion of rrad.erosion~.pd
>
> It works by writing the incoming signal into a vd~-delayline, and
> then modulating the delay time with bandpass filtered noise~ or sine
> waves.

Another fun delay trick is using the comb-filter/karplus-strong/pluck
model. Make a few of them, and set them somewhere between where you get
a "plucked" frequency and where it turns into a distinct echo, and try
different intervals between the timing of each, such as setting them to
octaves or setting one only a few Hz off of another for a great
"detuned" effect. Something like a sustained, overdriven guitar sound
comes out. No guitar needed, as Josh Steiner mentioned replying to Orm
Finnendahl's "karplus strong" thread.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl