[PD] compile pd on ubuntu 5.10

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:45:57 CEST 2006

hi,

don't mind about the rants. each small step helps a bit, when the process
is made this way.

Then there's the question that didn't got answered: I guess it might be
easier to compile pd-extended (since it's already above 0.39 it's ok) than
directly from cvs, or it won't be possible to keep the externals up to
date. But what's the difference from pd-extended and the cvs version? are
any externals missing, or just the outside work, like abstractions,
documentation, etc.?
I'm thinking now of using the pd-ext as main program, and in a folder
download the remaining material from cvs (and then put everything into
path). Is this a sensible method, or should I think about something else
instead?

Joao