[PD] compile pd on ubuntu 5.10

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 13 18:09:31 CEST 2006

Ok, I think I should clarify the Pd distros:

Pd-core
    this is sources that Miller maintains.  It includes a basic set
of objects
Pd-devel
    this is based on based on Pd-core, but has a number of
significant changes
Pd-extended
    This is Pd-core with some minor patches and "externals", docs,
etc. from CVS
Pd-devel-extended (coming soon)
    This is Pd-devel with "externals", docs, etc. from CVS

All of these are maintained in the same CVS repository.  Pd-core from
Miller only has the objects that he's included.  There are probably
2000 objects that are not included in Pd-core (many of which are
written in Pd) which are in Pd*-extended.

If you want to use all of the externals, we will all be better off if
we work on the same package.  It takes a lot of work to maintain your
own distro, if we work on the same distro, we both will have a better
distro than if we did it ourself.

.hc