[PD] Midi Speedo?

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Fri Apr 14 16:16:35 CEST 2006

On Friday 14 Apr 2006 13:40, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Silly question: If you already have experience with hid, why don't you
> use HID for the bike as well? A bike is a human input as it gets. You
> can always convert the hid data to midi format inside Pd later.

I'll just go one further here and suggest that with an old (ball) mouse you
already have a speedometer. Crack it open and drive one of the axis wheels
with part of the bicycle wheel. You may need to do some gearing to get the
angular velocity in the same range as the mouse was designed to read. The
mouse will tell you what angle it has gone through per sample and from that
you can determine its angular velocity.

robert.