[Pd] Tuning a Mac

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 21:27:58 CEST 2006

On 4/14/06, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:
> Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > I thought of that too, since my patches are primarily set up for
> > 48000, but I can open Pd, start a new patch, create [osc~ 440] and
> > [dac~], and it is already off.
> > I haven't looked into [samplerate~], I'll check and see if that makes
> > any difference next time I go in.
> > Thanks.
> > Chuckk
> >

> have you ever tried a tuning fork? probably the keyboard is off :-)
>
> you could try running pd at 48kHz and see how it behaves then.

True, haha, all keyboards are off.  But the mp3 I made on my PC also
plays sharper than the Macs.
If Pd is flat, doesn't that suggest Pd thinks it's playing at 48000,
and the hardware is playing at 44100?  Or maybe the hardware thinks Pd
is playing at 48000...  Either way, actually making Pd play at 48000
seems like it would make it flatter.
I just got a little clue though... I restarted Pd and made an
oscillator, and set it to 440.  I'd forgotten to set the audio to the
M-box, so it played through the computer speaker.  Lo and behold, when
I switched to the M-box and heard it through my headphones, it got
lower.  Guess it's the M-box.

-Chuckk