[PD] RRADICAL restore problem

Olivier Revollat revollat at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 23:26:48 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have tryed rradical because I think that is very what I need in pure data
.... I read the documentation and tneh try that ...

Evrything seem to work fine OSC messages (wit OSCx), store preset to a file,
lib pool ... But I have a problem on retore params .... I have try sevral
patch to under stand what's wrong but I DON'T UNSERSTAND WHAT'S HAPPEN .. I
explain :

for example, I have try memento_unittest.pd (see attach file) (this file is
present in the examples diretory of rradical/memento) :

I choose a file to store preset : ex : test.dat.
then I change the value of /radio (for example) a click (SAVE) and then my
test.dat contain :
, ,
"test" , ,
"test" 0 , "/radio" , 2

I change again the value of /radio and click (PRINT) :

test 0 , /radio , 7

Then I click (RESTORE) and (PRINT)

test 0 , /radio , 2

Evrything seems OK because /radio have recall it's previous value : 2

But the slider (/radio) have not change his value and still show the old
value : 7

I try the test on diffrent kind of configuration with diffrent kind of gui
or not gui controls , numbers .... it's always the same : RESTORE SEEM TO
WORK (PRINT show me the restored value) BUT THE CONTROLS ALWAYS SHOW THE OLD
VALUE...

To finish :
I have notice that Rradical use pool external , so I have decided to try
it... and pool' restore work fine !!!!

VERIONS of software :

I use pure data on linux fedora 4 (with Planet CCRMA Packages)
Pure data 0.39 (on 0.38 I have the same problems ...) I use pd with Jack
server...
pool 0.2.1 - hierarchical storage object, (C)2002-2005 Thomas Grill

If you want to know any thing else ... tel me ... I would like to use
RRAdical system, because I find that's very what I want to use pd more
confortably so can you help me with this problem ...

THANKS.