[PD] mathematician types (was: Big distortion ?)

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Apr 16 23:18:44 CEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 16:16 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> And about waveshaping, let me say that, for "big distortion", in
> addition
> to the tanh(x) and atan(x)*2/pi functions that I may have previously
> mentioned, x/sqrt(1+x*x) and erf(x) are quite cool. They aren't
> particularly modeling the behaviour of analog amps nor speaker
> membranes,
> but still, they're rather simple functions that appear everywhere in
> science.

well, most cumulative distribution functions can be adapted as wonderful
wave-shapers ....
with the right preamplification and paramerers they make really powerful
tools ...

TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
  Confucius