[PD] fiddle~ window size and Pd latency question

Julian Villegas julovi at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 08:21:46 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this an obvious question but I haven't figured it out:

I have a patch that uses fiddle~ with a window size of 8192 samples (the help says up to 2048, but I saw in the code that it could deal with 8192 too)...
so working at 48k, i will have a delay of 4096/48k = 85 ms, but I specified in Pd's audio properties  a delay of 16 ms and it seems to work without interruptions (if I choose a value below of that I do have them).

Which value should I put in the audio properties, or better, the value indicated in that windows refers to what?

Ps. I'm working with a SB audigy 2 using ASIO 2.0 drivers in a XP box.

Julian Villegas

University of Aizu
Synthetic Worlds Laboratory
Aizu - Wakamatsu Fukushima