[PD] Cubemixer with hdsp and 8 lodspeakers?

rodrigo at anorg.net rodrigo at anorg.net
Mon Apr 17 10:59:28 CEST 2006

hi all!

I'm trying to make an ambisonic installation and I can dispose of 8 aktive
genelec lodspeakers and an rme multiface card (8 outputs). Since I'm not
an expert in the issue, it would be great if someone could answer the
questions below or point me to the right direction (there's a lot of stuff
about this around, and I'm a little disoriented!).

I'm taking a look at the Cubemixer (
http://iem.at/projekte/acoustic/awt/abcde/project_view), and it seems like
everything I need is already implemented there. But from what I've read,
it looks like it is implemented for 16 Loudspeakers an an rme 9632. Is it
possible to do it only with 8? What would be the ideal position of the
speakers then? What configuration changes do I have to do, and which
output channel gets assigned o what speaker? What do I have to do to use
the hdsp instead of the rme 9632? First of all, it is important for me to
know if its possible to reconfigure the cubemixer to do this, and how much
work in your opinion would it take. If not, perhaps you know some other
way to do ambisonics with the equipment I have.

thanks a lot in advance!

cheers,

rodrigo