[PD] eq viz?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Apr 17 20:07:16 CEST 2006

hey,

...I'm a bit stuck on this, so I thought a few extra eyeballs could
help out :-)  Beware!  I may have coded alot with pd and gem, but am
basically a newbie to using the audio side!  Anyway, i'd like to
create a series of simple abstractions that provide visual meter-ing
of input sound in GEM, like an EQ histogram, fft spectrum, and other
things...

...in this patch, I ripped a bunch of stuff from PureMeasurement
(specificly from the pm_decayrecorder.pd patch) and am trying to get
the output into a bunch of gem bars...if you run the patch, you can
see the meters on the canvas bumping up and down individually, but
the gem version (which is run thru a [multiplex] with the intention
of grabbing one band per "gemhead repeat") seems to be registering
the value across all bars...anything obviously wrong?  Or does anyone
have something similar?

thanx,
jamie