[PD] PDP and quicktime pdp_qt

Dave Leith dave.leith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:08:49 CEST 2006

Hi all

New to PD but I've got PD extended running on OSX (finally) without any
startup errors. It's version RC8. Originally I had the missing font problem.
The font I got from the PiDiP distribution (
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip.html) for OSX and installed it in the correct
usr folder.
So now PD starts up with out any errors.

Now have the following problem.

Quicktime movies load OK into Gem but refuse to load into pdp_qt or pd_yqt.

There is always the error (no matter what codec}
pdp_qt: opening /Volumes/OS9/testcropmpega.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (352x240 pixels, 15 fps, 238 frames, mjpa codec)
pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported video codec
pdp_qt: ERROR: no usable video stream found.
pdp_qt: opening /Applications/MaxMSP 4.5/patches/media/bball.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (320x240 pixels, 15 fps, 68 frames, jpeg codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (1 channels, 22050 Hz, 99262 samples, chunksize
1470)
pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported video codec
pdp_qt: WARNING: unsupported audio codec
pdp_qt: ERROR: no usable video stream found.

Thanks