[PD] Gem window res problems

Jonathan Goodwin jonathan at jgoodwin.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 00:29:05 CEST 2006

Following on from my question earlier, I figured I would annotate my patch
and attach it so people can understand it a bit better:

Basically, when this patch is finished I will be outputting it via a digital
projector, so it will need to be at least 720x576 pixels res (PAL tv res).

Patch Key:

Yellow area: Live feed from webcam

Red area: 500ms Snapshots from webcam feed

Green are: this is where the background movie will go that the live feed
will be keyed over.

I know that everything here is not refined yet, and that the chroma-key is
not set up yet, but this is basically how my patch will probably be set up.
I will be overlaying a derivative of the red area feed over the green area
feed. But for some reason, I cannot get the pix_snap2tex feed to match the
res/proportions of the live webcam feed. The snapshots tend to appear a lot
smaller, with kind of garbled screenshot data/noise around the edges.

If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, you'd relieve me of much
frustration!

Jonathan