[PD] mathematician types (was: Big distortion ?)

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 00:18:18 CEST 2006

Is there a spectral theory of waveshapers?  Generally speaking,
distortion produces different harmonics of signals....
Another way of generating harmonics is to use convolution in the
fourier domain...
for example, the nonlinear transfer function y=x^3 can be represented
in the fourier domain:

FT(y)= FT(x) convolved with FT(x) convolved with FT(x)
and curiously....we can compute and convolve fractional powers of the FT...
I haven't gone too far in depth for this hypothesis....just a thought for you
mathematician types, heh heh

Chuck