[PD] hide/show controls at runtime

alexandre matheson amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Apr 18 02:42:09 CEST 2006

On 17-Apr-06, at 7:59 PM, derek holzer wrote:

> Roman Haefeli wrote:
>> i just checked the code: it seems like changing the page moves
>> some gui-objs out of the gop-window and others into the window
>> with [pos X Y(-messages.
>
> Send messages to resize your GUI objects to/from 0 width or 0
> height. They effectively "don't exist" if they are zero pixels high
> or wide (although they still use some CPU resources). You could
> even do it with [line], so that they seem to fade out or drop down.

I tried this and it refused to resize below 2 by 8 on a hslider which
is too bad cause using line to make it morph is a really cool idea.

Maybe you could reuse the same gui objects for different parameters
by changing the send (see attached patch). The big problem with this
is storing the settings and having them recalled when you move from
one parameter to another.

> d.
>
> --
> derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
> ---Oblique Strategy # 14:
> "Ask people to work against their better judgement"

regards,
Alexandre Matheson
amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca
iChat: ealx at mac.com