[PD] Gem pix_record

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 18 09:20:20 CEST 2006

vincent rioux wrote:
> Dear all,

hi.
my mail-reader seems to think that this is in the same thread as
"mathematician types".

> i am looking for a simple way to record gem pixes.
> is there a flag to properly compile Gem with pix_record support on
> Linux? (Gem i got compiled says it does not support it).

you need a recent version of libquicktime (NOT quicktime4linux!)
a version that is up-to-date enough is already in debian/sid.
if you are on ubuntu you will have to wait for the next release.
i cannot speak for other distros.

> btw i noticed that it was very cpu consuming to use  gem2pdp and  then
> pdp_rec~ to record gem pixes -

if you only want to record gem _pixes_ then you are better off with pix2pdp.

mfg.asdr.-
IOhannes