[PD] Pix buffer?

Jonathan Goodwin jonathan at jgoodwin.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 16:55:33 CEST 2006

Good Afternoon everybody,

I'm trying to find the best way to use pix_snap2tex and pix_chroma_key in
conjunction. Basically, I want to take snaps from a webcam feed, process
them and key the results over a regular video file using pix_film etc.
Preferably without having to actually display the raw cam feed.

My problem is that the snap2tex is grabbing images of whatever is displaying
in the GEM window, rather than from a specific feed only. I.e. The webcam.
I'm sure there must be a way to chose where to grab from? I think from what
people on this list have said it may be with the pix_buffer object but I
really can't get to grips with how to use this.

If any one can give me some pointers on this, or any other way I could
approach this, I'd be most grateful! Thanks.