[PD] Understanding Selectors, Atoms, Lists ...

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Apr 20 10:44:43 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> hard off hat gesagt: // hard off wrote:
>>
>>i agree that these things are not objects and not lists, so "meta
>>message" sounds perfect to describe them.

i agree too, that these things are neither objects nor lists, however to
my ears "message" sounds even more perfect than "meta message" or
"message not of the bang-, float-, symbol- and list-type"

> Btw: I often use a little abstraction called "prepent.pd" with pd-0.39,
> which will generate meta messages with a certain selector. Inside it
> just consists of a mix of "prepend" and "trim" => "prepent":
>
> prepent.pd:
>
>   [inlet]        [inlet]
>   |              |
>   [list prepend $1]
>   [list trim]
>   [oulet]
>
> I use this for example in front of netsend:
>
>   [prepent send]
>   [netsend]

indeed this is a very useful thing.
however, i (personally) use 2 objects instead of 1 (not that much of a
gain...)

mf.asdr.
IOhannes