[PD] Gem pix_record

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Thu Apr 20 12:46:06 CEST 2006

>>> isn't it possible to compile it on ubuntu?
>>>
>> i guess it is possible fairly well. (there is no reason why it should not)
>>

> btw libquicktime 0.9.8 doesn't work at all with GridFlow, crashes on
> startup, and it seems to be a bug in libquicktime that I can't get around.
> Anyone got similar experiences with libquicktime 0.9.8 (but e.g. through
> GEM) ?

hi matju,

well, libquicktime 0.9.8 compiled on ubuntu.
Gem did not crash but then i could not get Gem to display movies anymore
(i got just a black screen) (pix_record got compiled however apparently).
I did not try to recompile gridflow with that libquicktime version.

with previous version of libquicktime i tried to use (but did not manage
to get them working):
- #pix_export of Gridflow (i will report more precisely the error
message i received)
- pix2pdp (just crashed when connected, especially in my patches - not
the example)

i finally opted for a a double patch (two pd instances launched) with
one part written with Gem/pdp2gem (a visual control interface) and one
in pure pdp (for actual display) that i could record with pdp_rec~.

best regards,
vincent