[PD] dropouts on mac os ...

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 20 17:48:52 CEST 2006

I do quite a bit of audio on my Powerbook 800.  Its not as good as
linux, but its far from useless.  Most of the time, with audio
processing, you actually need to have the realtime mode enabled.
Otherwise the GUI and the audio process have the same priority,
making dropouts much more likely.

There are problems with the realtime flag, but if you are just doing
audio, then it works best with it on on Mac OS X.

The preference is a bit odd.  The option is "defeat real-time
scheduling", so for basic audio work, leave it off.

.hc