[PD] polar physical model in pmpd/msd

Nicolas Montgermont nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr
Thu Apr 20 19:58:52 CEST 2006

Hi Ben,

I'm not sur of what you want but what i've understand is you want some
objects to be rejected when a screen is activated...?
perhaps the simpler way to do that is to have all the objects linked
with fixed "virtual" masses m1, m2, m3 positionned behind the screens as
follows:

+--------------------+
|      S3 / \ S1
|  . m3  /   \
|       /     \   . m1
|      /       \
|     /         \
|   S2-----------
|
|         . m2

You put all the rigidity (K) of these links to 0 until somebody activate
a screen.
If somebody walk in front of S1 for example you activate the rigidity of
the m2 and m3 links.
You have to do a 3D model for that... and to make a fine tuning on the
length and strength of the links...to have something relevant.

Hope that helps.

Nicolas