[PD] PDP and quicktime pdp_qt

Dave Leith dave.leith at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 18:08:11 CEST 2006

As for sorenson codec it still remains unrecognized along with the rest.

On the Mac using the installer there is no /sw folder created  (show
invisible files). Using the installer from puredata.org to install you just
drag the Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC8 package to anywhere on your harddrive, (me
to a PureData folder in Applications). Fink - which is not installed on my
system would create a sw folder but it's not part of the OSX PD default
installer or installation requirements.

The path using "Show Package Contents" is
Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC8/Contents/lib/libquicktime.0.dylib.

This is where other files libbz2.1.0.2.dylib, libmp3lame.0.dylib,
libspeex.1.dylib, etc. reside.

Do I need to do something to else to get the library to be
recognized?....Odd that pdp_qt is not using the installed library (as I
mentioned earlier nothing changes if the libquicktime.0.dylib is removed)

The patch I'm using to open the quicktime movies is called "quicktime.pd"
and it comes with the PiDiP OSX installer.