[PD] suggestion... or question

Federico xaero at inwind.it
Fri Apr 21 21:45:18 CEST 2006

hello list,
I'm wondering if there is the need of a new object in pd....

there is one problem in patching:
often, someone need some repetition of objects, or group of objects, and
their connections (e.g.: making a data seqencer, or some routing matrix,
or multiple instances of a "foo").

for example some piece of code in a subpatch has to be repeated many
times, in front of a route, or select, a mixer or whatever, and you have
to copy+paste many objects and connect manually together.

I know, exists dyn~, but it doesn't offers the same flexibility as
classic-patch-editing concept.

what do you think of a naw type of object, that can act like a subpatch
(or abstraction) does, and provide yet multiple inlets for controlling N
instances of that subpatch?
is this (already) possible to do?
perhaps can be made with an external...?

ciao

--
Federico