[PD] pd playlist

Elie Zananiri eliezed at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 22 20:18:35 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am having some trouble creating a pd patch and I was wondering if
anyone could help me out.  I'm trying to create a patch that gets
input from the serial port and if the number is high enough it starts
playing one of many predefined playlists at random.

I am having a couple of problems with this.

The first is that I have no idea how to create a playlist.  The way I
have it going so far is that I have a chain of readsf~ and del
objects opening and playing each sound in sequence but I'm sure there
is a better way to do this.  Is there some sort of list object that I
can populate with paths to sound files and that will go through them
one at a time, waiting until they are done before going to the next one?

The second problem is that I want the part of the patch that takes
care of initiating the playing of a playlist (random and select
objects) to be disabled when one of the playlists is playing, and
then enabled again once a playlist is done.  How can I do this?

I am attaching my patch so far in case anyone wants to take a look.

Thanks for the help,

-Elie