[PD] pd playlist

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 22 21:38:32 CEST 2006

hello for the first part you can do it with two externals and a patch  called folderglider that is outputting all the files needed in a  directory in a whole, you can find it in here:
  http://whats-your.name/pd/folderglider.pd
  The first external needed is required by folderglider and is called  tot, if you haven't got the pd-extended version you can it here:
  http://suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/toxy.html
  the other external is coll and would be used for storing the soundfiles  name and directories with an index for each one, you can find it in  cyclone library here:
  http://suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/cyclone.html
  For the second part you might do it with the bang sent by coll when it  has arrived at the end of the stored data list, but i don't know how it  could be done with a random playlist reading.
  I hope it helps.

  patco.

Elie Zananiri <eliezed at videotron.ca> a écrit :  Hi all,

I am having some trouble creating a pd patch and I was wondering if
anyone could help me out.  I'm trying to create a patch that gets
input from the serial port and if the number is high enough it starts
playing one of many predefined playlists at random.

I am having a couple of problems with this.

The first is that I have no idea how to create a playlist.  The way I
have it going so far is that I have a chain of readsf~ and del
objects opening and playing each sound in sequence but I'm sure there
is a better way to do this.  Is there some sort of list object that I
can populate with paths to sound files and that will go through them
one at a time, waiting until they are done before going to the next one?

The second problem is that I want the part of the patch that takes
care of initiating the playing of a playlist (random and select
objects) to be disabled when one of the playlists is playing, and
then enabled again once a playlist is done.  How can I do this?

I am attaching my patch so far in case anyone wants to take a look.

Thanks for the help,

-Elie

 Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualité en temps réel. Cliquez ici.