[PD] data structures and z-order

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Apr 23 06:49:39 CEST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Federico wrote:

> i'm seeing there is no z-order tracking in data-structures (i.e.: a repaint
> event, or a mouse action, can bring an object to the top).
> is this true?

DS scalars are stored as linked-lists in the same way as objectboxes,
so you might reorder them the way objectboxes may be reordered
(Cut and then Paste once will bring the selection to the top).

DS arrays are stored like float arrays, so I suppose you can reorder them
like you might reorder elements in a float array (that is, painfully...)
(maybe that there's a lib to help you do it with float arrays, but with DS
arrays, I doubt it)

> P.S. where I can find all the undocumented features of datastructs and the
> magic fields of drawpolygon?

It's all in the "src" folder. ;-)