[PD] suggestion... or question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Apr 23 09:34:22 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Federico hat gesagt: // Federico wrote:

> you mean that [apart creating gui objects, and renaming their
> send/receive symbols], receiving their values it's just a
> message/route/send work?!? no additional patching would be required?
> (i.e. expanding number of sliders from 128 to 512 would not affect the
> logic code, but only copying and pasting and renaming 512 sliders?)

Actually something like this is automatically built into the RRADical
patches using Memento. If you create several instances of an abstraction
using the same OSC-name (== first argument of RRADical patches), you
can use one as the "master" abstraction and connect the OSC outlet of
the master to the OSC inlet of all slave abstractions. Every change of
settings inside the master will then propagate to all slaves. I use
this feature quite often to create polyphony. You can see it in action
in the PDX7 V2 poly example: http://footils.org/cms/show/51

Ciao