[PD] deconvolution in pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Apr 24 02:44:38 CEST 2006

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Charles Henry wrote:

> Yes, I see....the signal with compact support can have zeros outside
> of ROC...

Btw, what does "ROC" mean?

> 3. unwrap phase; take result of (2) as phase and magnitude
> 4. multiply (FT of weights) by mag^alpha*( cos (phase*alpha) + i
> sin(phase*alpha) )

That causes the signal's complex cepstrum to be multiplied by alpha? why
do you do it, and why do you consider alpha as an "adaptation
coefficient"?

> Maybe there's an eigenvalue/vector trick that I'm missing...

Don't eigenvalue methods only work on linear transforms? Where's your
linear transform? (Fourier transforms are linear, but I haven't seen
anyone eigendecomposing Fouriers yet...)

sorry for the "newbie" questions ;-)