[PD] suggestion... or question

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Mon Apr 24 15:05:02 CEST 2006

Hey,

I use an abstraction [dir2abstractionArray] in pixelTANGO for the pixel
effects stuff, which makes a dynamic array of abstractions that are
listed in a directory. Dynamic patching gets more ugly with many many
objects, but I've not needed to do manual connections for some time.

Most of the time I use [constructor] which was once in the pmpd stuff,
maybe its in pixelTANGO, and therefore pd-extended too, I'm not sure.
Anyhow its just a abstraction that makes arrays of abstractions.

dir2abstractionArray does this for abstractions listed in a directory,
and also brokers the communication. You give it an index, and it routes
two inlets and two outlets to the abstraction selected by the index.

I'm sure there are better repeat/nqpoly ways of doing this stuff, at
least arrays of abstractons, but I've not gotten my head around those
quite yet.

.b.