[PD] modelling a 808-snaredrum

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 24 18:18:35 CEST 2006

hi

though i could realize my idea (thanks to cyrille and frank), this was not
the solution for my original problem: modelling the snare-sound of the
snaredrum of tr-808. i could extract the (original) pure snare-sound by
subtracting a soundsample without snare from a sample with both membrans and
snare (here: http://www.netpd.org/~roman/sd_snare.wav). when looking at the
waveform, it doesn't really look like noise, rather like a kind of filtered
dirac, triggered randomly in time. i was not able yet to create this sound
in pd (i haven't come even close to it :-(  ), though i'm convinced it
should be possible, when it was possible to do it the analogue way. if
someone has made any efforts in this stuff, i would be very interested ( i'm
surely not the first person on the list, who tries to simulate fancy
hardware like tr808 and tr909).

for everybody interested:
attached is my first try to emulate the 808-bassdrum.

cheers
roman