[PD] Can't get any results from PDB

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 26 08:28:39 CEST 2006

Phil Stone wrote:
> Sometime in the last few months, PDB has stopped working for me.  No
> matter what query I type, I get no results.  The [ALL EXTERNALS WITH
> COMPLETE ENTIRES] link gives a 404.  I know this used to work, and I've
> seen people talking about pdb like it still works, so what gives?  Is
> there some basic browser setting I've munged?  I'm using Firefox, on
> both XP and Tiger.,

oops, this is my fault: the database is actually down.
(we had a hardware-failure and re-installed everything from scratch; the
database should have been backuped, however it did not go online again)

the reason why i was reluctant to get it up again in the second place
(first were pressing things to do), is that i would very much prefer to
get the entire database onto puredata.info AND in a different form,
where people can submit there "objects" in their homedirectories and
they would get automatically added to the list of objects.

most likely we can just use keywords for this (just like with the "pd-art");
we are open to any suggestions how to do it better and even more open to
people who are able and willing to implement such features in the
existing zope/plone framework.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes

PS: while pdb is often mentioned on this list, it seems like there are
less than 5 people who (openly) complained about pdb not working since
the beginning of this year.