[PD] PDDP meeting?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 26 12:31:16 CEST 2006

On Apr 25, 2006, at 9:39 PM, day 5 wrote:

> On Apr 25, 2006, at 2:49 PM, derek holzer wrote:
>
>> My suggestion would be to make a "dictionary" of objects, maybe
>> sorted by name, library or general function (dataflow, 3d, audio,
>> video, I/O...), such as the directories which were made by the
>> user community for CSound. That might be useful as a PDF or
>> hardcopy even. The PDcyclopia?
>
> This idea garners my unfettered support. I hope this gets
> implemented at some point. I'm willing to help out.
>
> Would externs in the "unsupported" folder of CVS module "externals"
> also be included in this compendium ?

The idea is to have meta data in each help file.  Then that data is
parsed by Pd and used to generate a searchable index of all of the
objects.  Its been discussed and spec'ed out in the PDDP meetings and
template designs.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism."
                                     - retired U.S. Army general,
William Odom