[PD] writing to the serial port with [comport]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 26 12:41:10 CEST 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 11:07 AM, Piotr Majdak wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> I am here working with David Cuartielles and some of his students,
>> so  I think he can write good Arduino code ;).  The network is
>> down, and  I am on my Mac, so I don't have the exact code.
>> We've tried a number of different programs and setups, and a
>> couple  different boards and computers.  Even the basic program
>> which just  relays the data received back to the serial port
>> doesn't work.  Data  is not coming out of the serial port from Pd.
>> Have you successfully written to the serial port on Windows using
>> [comport]?
>
> I'm on Windows XP and we use [comport] to let pd communicate with a
> motion tracker. We use a modified [comport] object made by IEM
> guys. You can download our version from http://iem.at/~majdak/
> download/pd/
> It tested and stable for Windows 2000/XP.
>
> Winnie/IOHannes: do you want to merge your version of [comport]
> with ours?

Piotr,

It looks like you properly implemented the asynchronous writing/
OVERLAPPED stuff, but you also changed the comment characters from /*
*/ to //.  That makes it quite hard to read the diff output.

Could you create a diff file of only the relevant changes against the
CVS version?

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have
three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their
minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.