[PD] amplitude of modal synthesis

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 26 14:50:12 CEST 2006

Hallo,
frablanc hat gesagt: // frablanc wrote:

> I've made this little abstraction (modale.pd), which is an
> approximation of the mass-spring-damper equation, to make some
> modal synthesis. The abstraction works fine, but the amplitude
> of the impulsional response decreases with the frequency, and
> so i'd like to "normalize" the output of the filter. (The
> amplitude is really too big for low frequencies, as 100Hz ...).

I don't have a real answer, but your patch includes lots of completely
undefined execution orders, that might or might not be related to the
unusual scaling. You should use manymany more trigger objects.

For example this little construct in your patch:

  [pow -1]
  |\
  | \
  [* ]

has an undefined result. You must replace it with:

  [pow -1]

  [t a a]
  |   /
  |  /
  [* ]

to correctly get the square of the inverse as you probably intended
and you must do similar triggering in the rest of your patch.

Maybe this already fixes your problem.

Ciao