[PD] Re: Scrollable tracker style GOP sequencer

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Apr 26 16:37:31 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 10:36:19AM +0200, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:
> From: Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>
>
> Hallo,
> Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
>
> > No datastrctures today, but this fellow can be used to sequence things:
> >
> > http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-seq.pd
> > http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-seq-help.pd
> >
> > It's likely that I am duplicating someone's work here, but I'm pretty
> > excited about the vslider scrollbar.
>
> Yes, that's cool. rrad.nseq.pd in RRADical is a similar numberbox
> sequencer. It doesn't scroll, but you may like some other ideas used:

Ah yes, I was certain you had done something like this before.

The main reasons I made a totally new one were a) to integrate with
sssad/list serialisation, and my other GOP abstractions b) an unnatural
love of the colour orange c) control freak.

> The currently active number box is highlighted in a different color,
> while playing. It supports "shift-up/shift-down" operations, that
> shift the whole pattern by one step and it allows keyboard editing in
> a tracker style, where the querty/z-keyboard is read out like a piano
> keyboard and PageUp/PageDown switch octave layers.

Awesome, I'll have a look at yr patch and steal some more ideas. ;)

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx