sequencer archive? was: Re: [PD] Scrollable tracker style GOP sequencer

Christopher Charles schraubzwingenhalterung at web.de
Wed Apr 26 17:07:48 CEST 2006

Chris McCormick wrote:
> Ey,
>
> No datastrctures today, but this fellow can be used to sequence things:
>
> http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-seq.pd
> http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/*checkout*/s-abstractions/s-seq-help.pd
>
> It's likely that I am duplicating someone's work here, but I'm pretty
> excited about the vslider scrollbar.

hey chris, really nice work!
i'm sure by now there must be really a lot of graphical sequencers
around for pd. i've seen (and tried to write) tracker style sequencers
before, but i don't think your minimalistic approach really duplicates
someone else's work. anyway i think for preventing duplicate work, it
might be a good idea to create a collection of all reusable graphical
(or nongraphical or algorithmic etc.) sequencers, so users can browse
them on puredata.info. maybe even with screenshots, features comparison,
mini-tutorial and such.
good patches come up often, but get lost after a while. imo a central
archive of sequencers (and maybe seperate ones for other groups of
*reusable* patches that are often requested, i.e. (drum)synths, effects)
on the pd community site would be useful for many users.
any opinions on that?

charlie