[PD] amplitude of modal synthesis

frablanc frablanc at laposte.net
Wed Apr 26 18:28:20 CEST 2006

Finally, i solved the problem in a quite empiric way, but it
seems to work ... I agree, it deserves a lot of cleaning, i
put a lot of [bang] to be shure that the coefficients are right...

I send the final abstraction, and a patch which uses it. It's
quite fun and i think it sounds great ! ;-)

> hello,
>
> you're right.
> i made some fast clean up to this patch.
> it makes a nice low pass resonant filter.
>
> i'm wondering if it's possible to have signal based
frequency and
> resonant factor?
>
> playing with block~  is the solution maybe?
>
> Cyrille
>

> Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> > Hallo,
> > frablanc hat gesagt: // frablanc wrote:
> >

> >>I've made this little abstraction (modale.pd), which is an
> >>approximation of the mass-spring-damper equation, to make some
> >>modal synthesis. The abstraction works fine, but the amplitude
> >>of the impulsional response decreases with the frequency, and
> >>so i'd like to "normalize" the output of the filter. (The
> >>amplitude is really too big for low frequencies, as 100Hz
...).

> > I don't have a real answer, but your patch includes lots
of completely
> > undefined execution orders, that might or might not be
related to the
> > unusual scaling. You should use manymany more trigger
objects.

> > For example this little construct in your patch:

> >   [pow -1]
> >   |\
> >   | \
> >   [* ]
> >
> > has an undefined result. You must replace it with:
> >

> >   [pow -1]
> >   [t a a]
> >   |   /
> >   |  /
> >   [* ]
> >
> > to correctly get the square of the inverse as you probably
intended
> > and you must do similar triggering in the rest of your patch.
> >
> > Maybe this already fixes your problem.
> >
> > Ciao

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)