[PD] PDDP meeting?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 26 23:20:51 CEST 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 9:49 PM, David Powers wrote:

> Hi, sorry I don't understand this CVS address you give below--Where
> do I find these docs?

They are relative to the CVSROOT.  On the web, the CVSROOT is:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/

> Also, I don't really know enough about programming generally, and
> PD, to write an FAQ. I don't really know the answers to the
> questions I posed, which is probably why my PD development hasn't
> been too successful, except for one GEM live-VJ project.

> So, the best I can do is plagerize other people's work, which I
> don't think is a good idea. But if people want to give me
> permission to plagarize and modify their words, maybe I could help.
> I'm a good editor.

But I am sure you know enough to contribute to a FAQ, at the vary
least editing existing questions, or even better, summarizing threads
from this list.  Since all Pd code is free, I think we can all safely
assume that all of the words on this list are free. If need be, we
should make it explicit.  As for me, anything I write on this list is
public domain.  Its not plagiarism, its collaborative work.

> Anyway, if anyone has stuff that could be included in an FAQ, I'd
> be happy to try and update the Wiki. Another possibility, I could
> ask questions to the list one at a time, collect answers, and post
> them to the wiki FAQ, if people think this is a good idea.

That sounds like a great idea if you are willing to do it.  If you
made a FAQ entry for each question that you resolved on this list,
we'd all be a lot better off.  I have tried on and off to do that...

.hc

> ~David
>

> http://puredata.org/docs/faq
>
> Its a wiki!  Please update it!    This page could easily be
> included in the Pd-extended distro too.
>
> Please have a look at the intro tutorial/manual materials in CVS:
> doc/tutorials/intro
> doc/tutorials/sound
> doc/tutorials/visual
> doc/tutorials/networking
> doc/tutorials/physical
>
> This is a start for such a manual, its also included in the test
> releases on my site.
>
> .hc

____

realize his wishes.
Now that he can realize them, he must either change them, or perish.
		                                                -William Carlos
Williams