sequencer archive? was: Re: [PD] Scrollable tracker style GOP sequencer

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Apr 27 03:35:25 CEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 05:07:48PM +0200, Christopher Charles wrote:
> someone else's work. anyway i think for preventing duplicate work, it
> might be a good idea to create a collection of all reusable graphical
> (or nongraphical or algorithmic etc.) sequencers, so users can browse
> them on puredata.info. maybe even with screenshots, features comparison,
> mini-tutorial and such.
> good patches come up often, but get lost after a while. imo a central
> archive of sequencers (and maybe seperate ones for other groups of
> *reusable* patches that are often requested, i.e. (drum)synths, effects)
> on the pd community site would be useful for many users.
> any opinions on that?

Well there is always:

<http://www.pure-data.info/search?SearchableText=sequencer>

but I guess that's not a complete list of all sequencer abstractions for
Pd. I seem to remember that there is a website specifically for storing
Pd patches and abstractions, but I don't really remember where this is.
I suppose the difficult thing would be in getting everyone to submit
their patches into whatever site was used to archive them. For myself
for example, it's easiest to just provide a link to a tarball of my CVS.

Maybe what we need is a type of search engine for pd patches. One that
can search the net for, and archive .pd files and index them according
to their comments and the text used to link to them. It would be cool if
google could be restricted by file type.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx