[PD] Jack, netsend, realtime-mode and all the rest

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Apr 27 11:02:10 CEST 2006

another issue came into my mind, that is somehow related to that and that
supports my theory: i once experimented with [textfile] and using it to
write into a fifo (is that the right name? i mean the one you create with
'mknod p filename'). as soon as i tried to write something with [textfile]
into the fifo without opening the fifo first with 'cat fifo' for example, pd
completely freezed until i executed the command 'cat fifo'.

roman