[PD] compile OSC on linux

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Apr 27 19:14:32 CEST 2006

Hi Will,

Will Hurt wrote:
> hi derek thanks for the quick reply, I downloaded a .deb for PD, so is
> that the problem i.e. i don't have any source code for pd or am i
> understanding you wrong.

> im pretty sure pd is installed in /usr/lib/pd
>
> would it be best to move the OSCx directory to here then run the
> commands. or do i need to download all the puredata source from cvs?

Normal problem with .debs, as they don't install sources. I would
download the sources for the version of PD you installed via Debian. The
compiler needs some includes that are in there. The line:

-I../../../pd/src

means that the compiler is looking for a folder called "pd" three
directories up from the current one. (i.e. ../../../ ). That directory
looks like /home/will to me. So download your PD sources and put them in
/home/will, and rename the directory "pd", or make a "ln -s pd
pd-whatever.version.number.you.downloaded". Then try again.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl