meta data WAS Re: [PD] Can't get any results from PDB

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Apr 28 13:28:17 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> The name of the object should be taken from the help patch, not from the

the problem with this is, that sometimes the filename does not reflect
the object name. (like "mtx_*~")
btw, this is the same problem you run into with your
"load_every_object.sh" script.

furthermore it does not reflect the possibility of sharing help-patches
between several objects (like [+] and [-])

> The meta data format is only parsed from the [pd META] subpatch.  The
> meta type is the first part of the comment, its all caps, and its
> terminated by a colon.
>
> KEYWORDS: addition sum
> CATEGORY: math

however, if we have an optional(!) field NAME the above problems could
be solved to some extent.

> important here, otherwise we have chaos.  But with CVS, that's not too
> hard to coordinate.

one important thing i would like to remind you of is that the CVS does
not necessarily host all pd-objects.
i would very much like a system that is independent of the CVS, but
could be fed by it (among other sources, like manual addition)

mfa.sdr.
IOhannes