[PD] osc objects

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Fri Apr 28 19:59:39 CEST 2006

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, B. Bogart wrote:
>

>>Actually I think we could do:
>>net/tcpsend
>>net/tcpreceive
>>net/udpsend
>>net/udpreceive
>

> bidi connections are nice, so let's merge the send/receive parts together:
>
> net/tcpsocket
> net/udpsocket

But we don't have midisocket, just midiin and midiout, and it's easier
to patch that way.
For instance I'm using OSC to talk to microcontrollers on one port but
they reply on another. To me it makes more sense to have separate send
and receive objects

> and each would be both able to run in server mode (waiting for
> connections) and client mode (issuing connections), and if not, call the
> server mode objects like:
>
> net/tcpserver
> net/udpserver

tcpreceive accepts multiple incoming connections (maximum is set by a
#define in the code but it could be a creation argument if needed), and
updreceive accepts any messages sent to its port number. Both also
output the ip address of the source of each incoming message.

Martin