[PD] PDDP meeting?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Apr 29 01:14:19 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, day 5 wrote:

> Perhaps an idea might be an API function to Pd that scans the user's Pd
> externals directory (on *nix nominally /usr/local/lib/pd/extra) and
> dumps a list of all main_ symbols found to the Pd window or the
> stdout... similar to how users can access GridFlow's "profiler_dump" via
> a menu; Something like "Help" -> "Dump Externals List".

There's already that in DesireData, but it's not dumping to the pd window;
instead it's powering the class browser and the completions. Also, it puts
everything together: classes already loaded, externals (singles), and
abstractions. It honors the -path directives, but I don't think that it
would find a file of the form blah/blah.pd_linux as [blah] (contrary to
-lib).

I don't know why it would pick up "main_" symbols though. I don't know
what those would be. In a program there's a symbol "main" (or "_main" in
MSDOS and OSX). However there is not such a thing in libraries. You might
be meaning "blah_setup" but it's not like you can get any info about the
class by looking at that symbol...