[PD] small bug with "coll"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Apr 30 16:37:27 CEST 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> if there is a [coll x] created already, Max will create a dummy object
> instead of [s x] or [r x] (this is similar to a dashed-out Pd object of
> an unknown class).  If an [s x] or [r x] was created first, [coll x]
> would be dummy.  I consider it a bad design that neither should nor
> could be emulated in cyclone.  Hence, there is just a warning.

Well, I'd rather not have a warning at all, and instead that everything
that uses a user-specified receive-symbol deals with "s_thing" correctly.
This is done by using pd_bind and pd_unbind, which automatically deals
with dispatching to several receivers. With that system, you still just
use s_thing as a receiver, but you must not assign (=) nor compare (==)
because s_thing might refer to a [bindlist] if there is more than one
object that wants to use that symbol.